VidSnippets Incorporated – Platform Usage Guidelines
This document is intended to provide tips and guidance as to what members can and cannot use our platform for.
Our platform and tools are intended to provide simple, yet effective ways to create custom summary clips (VSclips) by enabling users to select one or more segments within a source video.
There are no limits on the number or length (duration) of the segments.
Different custom VSclips can be created that link to the same source video. Thus users can create a variety of VSclips for different audiences, or to test for impact/efficacy.
Our goal is to provide a non-technical solution that allows as many of your authorized users to contribute to custom video content selection, creation, presentation and management as needed.
This platform has been designed initially for use with desktop and laptop computers. Therefore support for mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, is limited (mainly to viewing content).
Mobile device users wishing to view the VSclips and source videos can do so by using a series of taps on the related VSthumbnail to start playback of the VSclip and source video.
Users may experience different levels of functionality and presentation performance depending on the internet browser they are using. Recommended browsers include Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Currently our platform supports MP4 formatted videos
To minimize latency and processing times, the length of the source video should be 30 minutes or less
Review the printed help documents and instructional videos
Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you’re authorized to use.
Members can upload videos they did not create as long as they hold the necessary rights and permissions.
Members are expected to purchase additional licenses for each User (a Creator, Reviewer or Administrator). We have set our prices at a level we feel removes the “cost barrier” for adoption, while providing revenue to fund our operations and development.
Not Acceptable Usage:
Uploading videos you didn’t make, or using content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to without obtaining and necessary permissions and/or authorizations.
Uploading pornography or sexually explicit content
Uploading violent or gory content that’s primarily intended to be shocking, sensational, or disrespectful
Uploading content that promotes or condones violence or hatred against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
Creating and using misleading descriptions, tags, titles, or thumbnails in order to increase views.
Videos showing harmful or dangerous acts may get removed depending on their severity.
Predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, intimidation, invading privacy, revealing other people’s personal information, and inciting others to commit violent acts or to violate the usage guidelines.
Videos that promote fraudulent or dubious business schemes.
Don’t flood VidSnippets Platform with videos uploaded by a robot or a robot-like human in a manner that will disrupt people’s experience.
What to do if you feel someone has posted content that violates copyright or these usage guidelines
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with a written notice containing the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address (if any).
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of where on the VidSnippets Site the material that you claim is infringing may be found, sufficient for VidSnippets staff to locate the material (e.g., the URL).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Your electronic or physical signature.
You may submit this information via:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post to: 11 Trafalgar Court, Bedford, Nova Scotia, B4A 3N9 Canada
If you believe that your material has been removed by mistake or misidentification, please provide a written counter-notification containing the following information:
- Your name, address, and telephone number.
- A description of the material that was removed and the location on the VidSnippets Site (e.g., the URL) where it previously appeared.
- A statement UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- A statement detailing your ownership of or right/permission to use the material that was posted (and removed), as well as why you believe it should be reinstated on the platform.
- Your electronic or physical signature.
Our staff will review any videos that we receive a complaint about to determine whether they violate our Guidelines or any Agreement terms. If we feel that they do, we will seek to contact the account holder to discuss the nature of the complaint and what action we request be taken (including removal). Depending on the nature of the content we may choose to remove the content immediately without contacting the account holder.
Serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.
Be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation.
Online video is an evolving industry and technology.
Therefore we recommend you check this policy document periodically for any additions or revisions.
Effective as of May 19, 2016